Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dillon


#41 is former H.S. teamate Richard Dillon. Besides being a distant cousin, Dillon (still a good friend), was the greatest football player I personally ever met up with ... and I personally met up with some great ones, believe me. I went to see him play at many OU games during the mid-1980s. But of particular significance to me (and I assume him) was the game in which his collegiate career was, as a Senior, abruptly ended by injury. Dillon will, I assume, confirm this. The only picture I have to confirm this is a local newspaper article -- The Healdon Herald -- Sports section. Wherein Dillon and I, on the sidelines of the Oklahoma bench, are discussing his (career-ending) injury.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.