Sunday, May 18, 2008

What is the connection between Arizona, Oklahoma, Tennessee, sardines, a pickup truck, me and a Muskogee teen?

A couple of weeks ago while at a mall in Muskogee, Ok., I was approached in the parking lot by a young black teenager who was selling newspaper subscriptions to the Muskogee Phoenix. Without going into a lot of detail, I was impressed with young man's ambition, and his willingness to approach me and to answer my questions; questions such as "since I'm not a resident of Muskogee, what is the benefit to me of subscribing to the Muskogee Phoenix newspaper?" In the end the young man talked me right out of my money and into a subscription to said paper, where yesterday I discovered in Tuesday's edition this story about the arrest of 19 transient illegals who happened to pull into the wrong driveway at the wrong time, and obviously in the wrong state.

You know the moral of the story.

0 comments: