Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Tenth Amendment update: Congress and Executive branch, check your mail

The Oklahoma Senate sealed the deal in our state, joining the OK House in re-passing our Tenth Amendment Resolution, overriding Gov. Henry's veto of the bill. I said this would happen, a couple of weeks back as I recall (time gets away from me these days), in a comment I left on the subject over at The Maritime Sentry. (In the same comment I also said that the days of my state turning the helm over to spineless liberals are finished.)

The good people of Oklahoma have spoken through their legislature, both on this issue as well as on the immigration issue, the latter of which in part (in those provisions which give the law real teeth), incidentally, remains held up in the Tenth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Obviously the Tenth Circuit means to stall on hearing the case until the feds pass 'comprehensive' immigration reform, i.e., the [Senate] Amnesty Bill.

We're not finished speaking in Oklahoma by a long shot. There will be a bill introduced in that body protecting the citizens of Oklahoma against 'federal' usurpation of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. And it will pass, easily.

Once again I reiterate, we're in for a helluva ride here. Y'all ready? Better be!

0 comments: