Monday, January 28, 2008

Warning:

The following blog entry posted yesterday evening contains language very favorable to the founding generation.

Whenever I've spoken, in the past, about the the Founders in the terms John has articulated in the following blog entry, almost invariably someone will come along who feels compelled to remind me that these men were just that, men; that they had flaws just like you and me, and on and on and on, as if I'm unaware of this. Allow me to say that this is not necessary.

As someone who has read and studied the founders quite a bit, and who has a fairly sizeable collection of their writings, in book form, directly available to him, I can tell you that if in their writings they did not constantly reinforce this opinion of themselves, I still could not have missed their humanity, which is to say their flaws.

But thanks for your concern.

0 comments: