Monday, September 14, 2009

See you there next year

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend this year's march-on-Washington TEA rally, nor was I able to attend our local TEA rally held in conjunction due to another pre-scheduled obligation. Indeed, I wasn't even able to watch the historic event on television, but I did get a call from Dad on my cell while en route to our event who said to me "this is big, big!"

Our friend, Rick Darby, files this report from the frontlines. I particularly liked the message on the sign a woman carried filed in Rick's report:

One woman bore a sign that said, "Don't make me come back here next year."

I won't lie to you and say that I ever had more than a passing notion to be in attendance at this year's Washington TEA Rally, but I will say this -- I'm setting aside time right now to be in attendance at the next one. Indeed, I know a lot of people who know a lot of people who know a lot of people, and so on. And while I'm not nearly the 'community organizer' that it seems Hussein was in his prime, I think I can help put together a fairly sizeable bus tour for next year's event should it come to that, which I'm fairly certain it will. And there's no time like the present to get started on it.

Anyway, thanks to Rick for taking the time and effort, and shouldering the expense of traveling to Washington for this historic event. And thanks, Rick, for filing your report. Catch ya on the flipside.

2 comments:

DR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry Morris said...

I've contacted several friends and relatives who are interested in chartering a bus for next year's event. I have many more to contact at this point. But the prospects are looking good ... for us.