Saturday, October 6, 2007

On the assimilability factor

Recently I've put up numerous entries which either directly or indirectly relate to assimilability of cultural disparate immigrants to this country. I recognize very well that this can be a very touchy subject for some; that it can even be a deal-breaker for certain individuals...

First, with respect to the latter group -- those who are offended by the expression of the notion that some folks simply cannot assimilate in America or to Western culture to the point that they find it intolerable and therefore will not return -- I can only say that I'm sorry you feel that way, but this is probably not the place for you anyhow.

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for the propagation and advancement of the ideas of balanced government. And if it happens to be that balanced government is inseparable from Western culture, and that Western culture is under attack from, and would be destroyed by liberalism, Islamism, and mass immigrationism, then it stands to reason that neither can a return to governmental balance be effected, nor could such a return, were it somehow effected, long be sustained under the existing dominant order.

It is therefore part and parcel of the purpose of this blog to expose the natural enemies of balanced government for what they are in reality and the dangers that they pose, not for what we would wish them to be, which is liberalism. I will say to you here and now that my design is for there to be no truthophobia here. And if there ever is, this blog will cease to be what it was intended to be from the outset, at which point it should cease to exist. I equate our survival as a nation and as a distinct culture with balanced constitutional government, just as I equate the survival of this blog with a rational and ever present fear of what untruth would bring it; just as I equate the happiness of my family with the spiritual sustenance needed to make that happiness full.

To the former group, I have to say that I have yet to see a good argument in favor of modern liberalism, mass immigrationism, or for the assimilability of Muslims. If you're uncomfortable with my announcing that Muslims are unassimilable in America, yet not offended by it to the extent that it becomes a deal-breaker for you; and if your offense to these claims is founded on something you might consider a reasonable position, I would certainly encourage you to articulate it in a comment here. As I said before, there's no phobia here concerning truth. Therefore, I'm open to all arguments in favor, or in refutation of my own.

I'll make you a deal. I won't be offended by your challenging me if you won't be offended by my challenging you, ok? Good.

One final note. The commenter, Populist, who has been commenting here frequently lately, has said that he prefers to look on people as humans rather than as ideologies. The implication being that it sort of deprives one of his/her humanity to associate him/her with a given ideological bent. I answered this in my reply to his comment. However, I would go further and assert that I don't mind at all, nor will I ever be offended by, nor will I ever consider it a privation on my humanity, for someone, anyone to associate me with the ideology of Traditionalist Conservatism. The shoe fits, and I wear it proudly!

Thanks to all for your interest in Webster's. And as always, I'll continue to strive to improve upon what we've done so far.

1 comments:

Flatulent Fuzz said...

In response to my own comment, about labels and humanity, I would like to attempt to be a little more specific as to what I meant. For the record, I have no problem calling a spade a spade and I have no trouble whatsoever espousing the truth. However, I do believe that we have to be careful as to our use and frequency of labeling individuals. To be sure, being a Christian or liberal etc... is part and parcel of what/who you are. However, it is but one part (in my opinion) of that equation. My political or religious beliefs do not say everything about who I am. In as much, I do not want to be referred to by someone as the "liberal" or "Christian" etc.. I say that, not because I am ashamed of my beliefs, but because I am a father, a son, a brother, a man and a Longhorn fan and I want all of my parts to be seen (I do not consider myself a liberal by the way.. that is only an example). Labels are really what you make of them, however, all too often it seems that they are used as a means of degrading someone.

Enough about my hang-up with labels already!

Thank you, for taking the time to bring this wealth of information to one location. I for one, am to lazy to seek out all that can be found on Webster's. Anyone can throw down a few comments, but the articles that you provide, as well as your own observations, really require one to think before responding and that is a good thing.