Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Webster's (among others) on the short list of "racist" blogs?

Vanishing American has a post up concerning her recent discovery that she is now linked to a certain anti-racist do-gooder site which she refuses to provide a link to, and rightly so in my opinion.

As I said in my comment to her post, I guess Webster's, the AFB, BNWW, and so on and so forth, are now all on the short list of being included among the "racist" blogs that this site seeks to expose, since we all link to VA's with pride. I guess it just goes along with the territory. But as VA notes, it's liable to backfire on them.

Might this be a case of truthophobia, or, conservativeophobia?

End of initial post.

4 comments:

John Savage said...

Terry, I hope it's not a "short list"; I hope it's a long list!

And I hope we will all refuse to be intimidated. Usually the left-wingers just stay away. Maybe it's just truthophobia, but I think they don't want to face anyone challenging the fundamental underpinnings of their ideas. They can argue with neocons easily enough, but they know with traditionalists, they've met their match!

Nice post.

Vanishing American said...

Terry, and John, I feel bad about this; I feel I am radioactive, but maybe you will not be found guilty by association.
As I said I will understand if you de-link me, and I will do the same if you prefer.
I know that even sites like VDare (which I consider respectable though not PC), have been tarred with the same brush as the real extremist sites. So I am not as much troubled myself as annoyed, but I respect that not everybody wants to be put in that category.
-VA

The_Editrix said...

I realize it's an old post to which I am replying here. I found it via the TRUTHOPHOBIA label. But this is urgent: How can I get my blog on that list as well, please?

Terry Morris said...

How can I get my blog on that list as well, please?

I think it's a pretty simple procedure, Nora, as I indicated in the post. Webster's has had a permanent link to Vanishing American in the site's blogroll since this blog's inception. I'm assuming, as VA indicated in her comment above, that those that link approvingly to her site are deemed by the judge, jury, and executioners, to be guilty hate sites via our approving association to her site. Your having linked approvingly to my blog, therefore, makes you guilty as well. And I don't think any future denunciations of my positions will suffice to get you off the hook, Nora. So there ya go. You're one of us now. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. ;-)