Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to it

Dear Readers, my apologies for my recent absence. As was said in the previous post, our late trip down to my hometown was supposed to be more business than pleasure. And indeed, that's the way it ultimately turned out.

Our intentions were to cram four days worth of work into three, and to spend the fourth relaxing with the extended family. And we were well on our way to accomplishing that goal until we ran into a (major) problem Saturday which ultimately cost us about 12 hrs. additional work.

Fortunately I caught the problem by 8:00 am Saturday morning given that the job location is quite off the beaten path. I spent the next four to five hours attempting to rectify the situation before everything closed at noon, Saturday, as we were scheduled to be back home and ready to start a new project Monday morning.

In any event things worked out fine. We finished up at about 9:00 pm last night, and by a little past 10:00 we were loaded and on our way back home, arriving here at around 2:00 am.

That said, I've only had time to make a couple of blog rounds this morning. Not surprised at all am I, though, that there's been some good stuff posted as well as some interesting conversations at either place. After I've had a chance to make all of my rounds, I'll be putting something up here at Webster's that will hopefully be as interesting, if not to generate the same kinds of quality discussions. And of course some of you may be wondering when Part IV of the Ron Paul series will be posted. I hope to get back to that soon as well.

I also have a couple or three ideas for additional features here at Webster's which I've mentioned to CTO, but we need to discuss in more detail. One of them will require a good deal of initial research from your's truly, so the great likelihood is that there'll be something of a lengthy delay in getting that feature up and running. The other ideas simply require the technical assistance of CTO to get them up so they should be coming shortly.

Notwithstanding all of that, I'm glad to finally be back home and back online. I'll be posting something more relevant either tonight or early in the morning, so y'all stay tuned.

-DW

2 comments:

Michael Tams said...

Welcome back, brother! It wasn't the same in your absence...

MT

Terry Morris said...

Thanks, Mike. Like I said, it's good to be back home, as well as back on the blog. Hopefully I can get caught up here...

-TM