Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Seeking Input

Here's your opportunity to make any suggestions on the appearance of Web's that you might have. And everyone's opinion counts. Right now I'd rather keep the content out of it, and to focus more on appearances. We can deal with content later.

So, are there any ideas any of you have with regard to the way the blog looks? Any criticism as to its appearance will be taken into serious consideration, as well as any idea for additional elements that you think might serve to make the page more attractive. It's not that big of a deal to try it, and if I don't like it we can simply disregard the addition and move on.

I know y'all have been saying to yourselves as you return to see differences in appearance shaping up on the blog from day to day: "Why don't they try this, or that; it sure would look better if they'd make this section this color, and if that were done to the other section...," and whatever. So, why don't you post a comment to this post informing me of what your ideas are? Don't leave me hangin' y'all! ;)

In any event there are more changes yet forthcoming. So y'all keep your eyes peeled.

-DW

7 comments:

Call Me Mom said...

I like it. I might suggest changing the background color of your title block to #000055 or #000066.

However, I realize you may be going for the black/white/shades of grey theme as a reflection of your own philosophical/political black and white shades of grey style.
Kudos to your CTO.

Terry Morris said...

Mom,

Thanks for the suggestion. We're going to give it a shot.

-DW

Michael Tams said...

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of the scroll bar (up and down and left and right).

I don't mind scrolling down the page to see what I'm looking for.

Seeing as how this blog gets so many comments, a "recent comments" section might be useful (see Katie's Dad's blog for an excellent example).

But I like the changes overall, mad props to the CTO.

-MT

Terry Morris said...

Thanks MT. I'm probably going to politely ignore your first concern (I'm quickly learning not to question the CTO when new features are first installed; things get a little wacky on the blog for awhile until all the related bugs are worked out) and focus my attention on the second idea, which is a good one.

Something along those lines had occured to me, believe it or not, as a useful feature to add to Webster's, but I wasn't exactly sure what form it should take. The example you gave at Katies Dad's is an excellent one. Having studied KD's example, I think I have an idea for a similar feature to be added to Web's.

Thanks again for the idea, and y'all keep 'em coming.

-DW

Terry Morris said...

BTW, I see that there are still a couple of bugs lingering with the new scrollbar in the post section. I thought we had them worked out last night, but apparently not. Never to fear, though, we shall overcome.

-DW

Call Me Mom said...

The color change softens the look a bit. I like it. What do you think?

Terry Morris said...

Mom, CTO and I agree that it's an excellent change. See my post this morning: Another Tech Update.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-DW