Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Monumental use of Wisconsin Cheddar

This story's a few days old, but nonetheless interesting.


The artist, Troy Landwehr, was commissioned by Cheez-it snack crackers to sculpt this 700 lb. block of Land-O-Lakes cheddar into a replica of one of America's most recognizable landmarks.


The story goes on to say that the cheesy Mt. Rushmore look alike is to go on tour beginning in New York, and ending in, of all places, Oklahoma where it will be cut into cubes becoming itself a snack...or I guess many snacks.


According to the story, Landwehr isn't bothered by the ultimate fate determined for his sculpture. He figures we Okies'll love eating good Wisconsin cheddar. And I'd have to say he's right.


I admire Landwehr's skill, and I always enjoy the taste of Wisconsin's finest. And Cheez-Its rank among the family's favorite snacks. So I guess you might say we're experiencing the best of everything down here in Okie land.
-DW

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw an article about this in our local paper too. Nothing beats good Wisconsin cheddar. I would say lucky you, but since I live here and have access to this fine cheese all the time, I guess it's lucky me. Lol