Friday, July 13, 2007

Time Isn't Always On My Side

Tirelessly, ceaselessly, intrepidly...wait!, I've already used that line somewhere else, haven't I, and the comparison that would ultimately be made by those who've read it in the other context wouldn't really be an appropriate one, now would it? lol Let's try this again...

Fearlessly, unceasingly, untiringly (it don't flow as well, but hey!), we've been working to make this blog more attractive, more useful, and more perfect overall. In so doing we've been forced to neglect, to some extent or another, other of our interests, some of which are vitally important to our well-being, our safety and our happiness; others of which are relatively minor by comparison.

Though I'd love to spend more time on the blogosphere than I'm currently able to, I'm really stretching it to dedicate as much time as I am to this pursuit right now. And with all the tech stuff we've been preoccupied with here at Webster's, a huge amount of the blogging time I'm spending now is devoted to that pursuit at the expense of quality writing.

As I said when we started this newest blogging venture, and as the blog description (in the left sidebar now, for those who haven't noticed it) makes clear, the whole purpose of Webster's is to advance and propagate the ideas of Balanced Government responsible for the creation of the AFB, and of this blog. Let me assure you all that although that has not necessarily been the case thus far, that responsibility is indeed very fresh on my mind, and will remain so. In fact, that's one reason that I insisted on the blog description being re-installed, just as a reminder to myself.

As for our work which provides us with subsistence and with a living that we have absolutely no complaints about, it's simply a matter of cautiously avoiding the neglect of that aspect of our lives in a way, or to an extent which would ulitmately be harmful to my business. At times we can afford to rob a little time here and there from our work and devote it to other pursuits like the blog. And we've done so lately to an extent, but as I said, we've been cautious about how much time we borrow from that vital interest. Besides that, one of the beauties of being self-employed is that the time stolen from one's business pursuits for the use of others may be more than made up for later on down the road when some of the pressure is removed elsewhere. But again, one has to be pretty careful about not overdoing it in that respect.

My main concern at this very moment with regard to our blogging interests, obviously, is to keep improving on Webster's until I'm completely satisfied with the layout, appearance, and all the little bells and whistles yet to be added. But in the grand scheme of things this is just a temporary thing. One of the changes you can look for in the pretty near future is the posting of (what I hope to be) quality material here at Webster's as well as over at the AFB. As I've said before, quality of content is very important to me. And the way this blog is shaping up, I now only hope that the content forthcoming is half as good, or it will all have been just a wasted effort on our parts. Forbid it!

In any event, my sincerest apologies to Mike and Edmund for neglecting my work over at the AFB. As I said before, it is only temporary. I appreciate the understanding of them both, and I thank Mike for once again willingly devoting a portion of his limited time to doing the heavy lifting over there while I concentrate my efforts more over here. I hope this serves as explanation enough to them both, and to the wider readership, about where we're at, where we're headed, and where my mind is with regard to the ultimate prize. More quality material to come shortly, I promise. And thanks again for the patience and understanding of you all.

-DW

1 comments:

Michael Tams said...

Hey TM,

Don't mention it. I think we're all pulling in the same direction with the goal of getting these ideas out there and into the minds of the electorate. Baby steps.

-MT