Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tom Tancredo responds to President Calderon's lecture of Americans

Where's Tom Tancredo? Here he is, doing what he does best, defending America's honor, national and cultural identity; strongly protesting the Mexican President's lecture of Americans and his meddling attempts to effect U.S. immigration policies which favor McCain style amnesty for illegal Mexican aliens.

Mr. Tancredo writes:

President Calderon, I respectfully suggest that the next time you visit our country, rather than trying to influence U.S. policymakers or our election process, you take time to listen to Americans rather than lecture them. If you want to make changes in government policies, apply your energies to Mexico’s laundry list of problems rather than meddling in domestic American politics.

By all means, click on the link provided above and read Tancredo's entire letter to President Calderon.

It's good to see the former Republican presidential contender back in action.



**********


Call me Mom writes:

Terry,

Thank you that was an excellent letter. I'm glad I took the time to read it. I think I'll be writing him in.

TM replies:

Mom,

Thanks. I was delighted to make the find, and figured you and others would be interested. As you're probably aware, I've been thinking a Tancredo write-in for several months now. It would be ideal for conservatives to unite around a single write-in candidate, but that seems more impossible than ever given recent events.

5 comments:

Call Me Mom said...

Terry,
Thank you that was an excellent letter. I'm glad I took the time to read it. I think I'll be writing him in.

Call Me Mom said...

Ha, he was still on the primary ticket, so I didn't have to write him in after all. At least not for the primary.

Michael Tams said...

Terry,

Dude, lead and I shall follow. You want Tommy Terrific, and here I was wondering who I'd write in. Might make a good series: profiling and ranking potential write-in candidates? Then we could try and organize our friends across the 'sphere and make a splash in November?

-MT

Terry Morris said...

Mike,

You're familiar with the phrase "the blind leading the blind?" I fear that if I tried to lead such an effort, we'd all end up in the ditch.

-Terry

Michael Tams said...

LOL, I think the gentleman from Oklahoma is being more than a bit modest!

I've considered doing such a thing - picking a few bona fide conservatives, profiling them, heck maybe even contacting them, and trying to organize a write in campaign.

Alas, I'm an idea guy who can't figure out a way to create more time for the ideas I get!

-MT