Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A few items of note

First, I've added a couple of sites to my ever expanding blogroll, BadEagle.com and The Heritage American. Speaking of the first, Dr. Yeagley and I kind of got off on the wrong foot to begin with, but as with Dad and I, our differences on the Indian issue are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. You may object to my adding BadEagle to my blogroll for any number of reasons, some of which I've probably complained about myself. But as I've said, I find Yeagley's Journal interesting, so there ya go. As to the second, The Heritage American, it looks like a very promising pro-America, pro-Western site. Do read Mr. Hopewell's series of articles on Davy Crockett, in which he (of course) broaches the Indian question himself.

Second, Mr. Auster has graced us with yet another outstanding article of his originally published in 1994 in National Review. I highly recommend that you read it. It is lengthy, but well worth your time. You may find the permanent link to the article at the top of my "Select VFR Articles" section in the left sidebar of this blog.

Third, I've recently added several articles from various sites to my "Recommended Blogposts" section in the right sidebar. Check 'em out.

One last item: Do check out the ongoing discussion of the Muslim question over at Gates of Vienna. I've just been sitting back trying to learn something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking my blog! Dr. Yeagley will immediately see I know next to nothing about Indian history, but I hope he'll find the spirit of what I write to be in the right place.

Please note my blog is Heritage American and not the reverse, which is a history magazine.

Terry Morris said...

Mr. Hopewell,

I had noted my mistake earlier and intended to fix it in the entry, but I got sidetracked with other business. However, the error is now fixed. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Flatulent Fuzz said...

I see that Flatulent Fuzz didn't make the cut! Do you have something against white people?? Or is it the 1/16 of American Indian blood flowing through my veins, that kept me from being listed??? :-) Racist!! "-)

Oh... and don't forget... Come November.. VOTE FOR FLATULENT FUZZ!

Anonymous said...

stephen,

Your in good company, yeagley knows next to zero about the Indians, and your host morris, and his friend "momma" refuses to acknowledge any truths.

No matter how late in life, its nice to find your relative, and I think yeagley and morris found each other.

mr.morris says I am a dysfunctional Indian when I posted what a white man wrote, They were not my words. I think its really best that none of you even discuss the native American with yeagley, and encourage him because he is not learned in the ways. He like morris and momma believe we want to go back into the breechcloths and visions quests, and wars.

I contend that they are wrong, and to feel this way is wrong and to speak of the Indians this way is wrong and your teaching is wrong.

Our speaking of these truths is relearning and as Americans you should not be offended for us to begin this kind of progress, you have nothing to be afraid of, you outnumber us, your ancestors made sure of that. All I was ever trying to do was to educated those who do not know anything of our past, not try to antagnize which morris accused me of doing. I never wanted pitty nor to relive, such as momma and morris wished me back in time.

Just don't encourage yeagley to educate you on the Indian, he can't, he's not culturally inclined.

I knew you would get along famousely once you got over your initial confrontations, which was just for show on yeagleys' part,(he should go into acting next) he cares not one iota for the native american, and he has met up with another shadow.

Terry Morris said...

Flatulent,

My apologies, but I don't think I can vote for you for POTUS come November because you're not a well known public figure, not to mention that you're not nearly radical enough for my tastes. If I do a write-in it will probably be Tancredo.

However, if you wish to create a "Flatulent Fuzz for Prez" banner, I'll be more than happy to post it at my site. Seriously.

Flatulent Fuzz said...

On the grounds that we haven't had any really in-depth political discussions, I object to you saying that I am not "radical" enough. But, only slightly do I object.
What do you deem radical?