Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Object Lesson

Y'know, I got to thinking that with the recent loading problems a friend was kind enough to point out, that there's a good object lesson here, and it has to do with the proper way government should function. Bear with me here, as I attempt to illustrate this...

What we had was a situation where the decision making function of government, which, in this case resides in me, had proved wanting to a degree. The executive function, which resides in CTO, had done its job well according to the plan of the decision-maker, myself. The remaining function of government, the judicial, or, the function of judging whether the plan and the execution thereof was working as originally intended (this function in this case is possessed primarily of you, the reader, by the way), raised awareness with the legislative power (me) that there was a problem which might be more extensive in nature.

On that, a quick investigation was done into the matter, CTO was informed of the nature of the problem and the new guidelines for the plan to fix it. Now it's up to the readership, in the absence of my noticing a problem brewing myself, to make me aware of a problem they're/you're experiencing. Whereupon I'll enter upon the same procedures as before, and the whole process continues; all the functions of government, possessed of different individuals, working together as a unified whole.

And what's best of all? No-one is trying to horn in on the proper role of the others. Nor did the basic structure of the blog undergo any alterations. As simplified an example as this seems, it is at bottom exactly the way the departments of government should function, in their individual, and their unified capacities. :)

0 comments: