Monday, September 10, 2007

The less religious we are, the more religious they see us

And I would be remiss if I did not throw a prop Hermes's way regarding his excellent entry, Freedom is slavery; increasing secularism is increasing theocracy.

My brothers over at the AFB and I have talked about this weird phenomenon before. Why is it that the less religious we become, the more the left wants to associate any mention of a return to a morally sane order, with what it perceives to be our wishing to establish a theocracy? And what makes them think that we could establish one even if that were our desire? I don't know how leftists define the term, but my definition suggests it's an impossibility outside the direct influence of God himself. By a correct definition of the term -God rule- what society has ever existed, with exception of the Israelites, that can in truth be denominated a theocracy? And please don't bore me with the conventional Roman example under Constantine's rule. Give me a break!

I should rather think that the secularists have made their secularism into a quasi-religious fanaticism. So essentially what they're vying for is a secularocracy. You want to cast about meaningless and arbitrarily defined terms, there ya go.

And by the way, this gets back to the main point of the post entered immediately beneath this one. Leftist perceptions are so utterly skewed by their view of the world that to put any serious stock in the idea that they can be relied upon to experience a timely perceptive revelation that their efforts have moved to the arena of counter-productivity, is to put our faith in a vain hope.

0 comments: