Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How do you plead?

Chuck Baldwin writes at NewsWithViews.com My Response to M.I.A.C. Report:

By now, readers should be familiar with the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) report dated 02/20/09 and titled, "MIAC Strategic Report: The Modern Militia Movement." In this dreadfully malicious and slanderous "law enforcement sensitive" secret police report, Governor Jeremiah (Jay) Nixon; John Britt, Director of the Missouri Department of Public Safety; James Keathley, Colonel, Missouri State Highway Patrol; and Van Godsey, Director of MIAC categorize certain citizens as being potential violence-prone "militia members." I would venture to guess that more than 75% of the entire population of the United States would fit the MIAC's broad definition of someone who would fall into the aforementioned category.

According to the MIAC report, if you oppose any of the following, you could qualify for being profiled as a potential dangerous "militia member":

The United Nations
The New World Order
Gun Control
The violation of Posse Comitatus
The Federal Reserve
The Income Tax
The Ammunition and Accountability Act
A possible Constitutional Convention
The North American Union
Universal Service Program
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Abortion
Illegal Immigration

Again, I would bet that at least 75% of the American people would oppose at least one or more items on the above list. Well, according to the MIAC report, that is sufficient to make them potential dangerous "militia members."

Uh, yeah, count me among the 75% ... several times. Indeed, count about 98.9% of everyone I know among the 75% who disagree with one or more of these, perhaps in most cases fewer times than I, or maybe not to the extent or with the same passion that I oppose many of the items on the forgoing list, but opposed they are to better than 50% of the named items nonetheless.

I must be particularly dangerous given that I strongly oppose virtually every single item on the list, though I've never been a member of any militia group and don't know any members of any militia group, at least to my knowledge. And I didn't vote for Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, or Bob Barr in the late election. In fact, I didn't vote in the presidential election at all. But if these three are indeed on this list, then I imagine I'll vote for one of 'em in the next election if I have to write his name in, and of course, if I'm still a free man at that point. Yet more evidence that I'm a particularly particularly dangerous individual, "prone to violence" and militia membership. I'm feeling kind of special right now, can you tell?

So much for pleading the fifth, eh?

2 comments:

Call Me Mom said...

Guilty as charged.

Terry Morris said...

Guilty as charged indeed.

What I'd like to know is this, where on God's earth did they manage to find law enforcement officers who do not themselves oppose a majority of the items listed?

Such people actually exist? And they work in law enforcement positions? Scary!